Friday, July 16, 2010

Artist's Reception for Tony Renner: Photographs at Urban Eats on Sunday, July 18


T. Renner, "Wall #4," 2010, digital photograph.

Please join me for artist's reception for my exhibition "Tony Renner: Photographs" at the Urban Arts Collective at Urban Eats Cafe, 3301 Meramec, St. Louis, Missouri, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

July's exhibition is called "Walls and Openings," and I examine the textures and colors revealed through close-up photographs of the built environment. I am especially interested capturing elements of the built environment as they decay, collapse, or are torn down. I also like to juxtapose green growth with the decay of the man-made environment.

"Walls and Openings" will be on display through Sunday, July 31, and may be visited during Urban Eats' business hours.

August's exhibition is called "Rock & Roll," and September's will be "Landscapes & Skies."

No comments: