Saturday, October 25, 2008

"The Scientific Method": A Radio Show


Photograph by Tiffany Sutton, 2008.

Since I'm wearing a t-shirt promoting a jazz record label in the above photo, this is a good time to mention that I am the host of a show on 90.3 FM KWUR.com. "The Scientific Method" is the name of the show and I play jazz music from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. every Thursday morning.

This past Thursday, I deviated a bit from my semester-long focus on "cool" jazz to feature an hour of music by the Dave Holland Quintet, who will be appearing at the Sheldon Concert Hall on Saturday, January 24. I was enjoying myself so much that I decided to stick around for another hour during which I played the music of Anthony Braxton, some of which also included Dave Holland.

Next week's show will feature more music from Braxton but beyond that I'm not sure what's going to happen. My most enjoyable shows to do are the one's where I just hit the stacks at the radio station and just play whatever strikes my fancy.

No comments: